I'm An Artist Membership
The Museum of Contemporary Art Denver is thrilled to offer complimentary artist memberships to professional artists, makers, and creatives. MCA Denver is a non-profit organization that not only provides art for the community, but also seeks to make Denver a great place for artists and creatives to live.
MCA Denver is excited to be the first museum in Colorado to secure funding (for three years) to underwrite memberships for working artists. In our first year, we provided 1,000 free memberships to Denver artists and we are thrilled to announce we are reopening artists applications for an additional 1,000 members this year, for a total of 1,800 memberships. The purpose of this program is to make our museum and community open to artists and creatives while allowing them to put the money saved towards their creative pursuits.
As a reminder, if you or anyone you know is an artist, please share so they can be considered for the program. We are accepting artists on a first-come, first-served basis, so make sure to get your application in sooner rather than later. If you can comfortably afford a traditional membership, we ask that you not apply for this program, so that those with lesser means can still become part of the museum community.
To register, please complete the application by clicking that burnt red button.Registrations are approved at the end of every month. I'm An Artist members will receive a complimentary, 1 year individual membership to MCA Denver.
Three years of I’m an Artist memberships have been generously underwritten by John Caulkins.
Guidelines for showing us your art:
- Link to institutional recognition (museum, artist membership organization, AIA, Art Students League of Denver, etc.)
- Exhibited in an art show within the last 5 years
- Artist website with 5+ pieces of work made by you on it
- Participation in a residency
- Art school email address/current transcript/proof of degree or program in: fine art, art history, architecture, design, music, creative writing or similar program.
- Membership in artist union (SAG, AFTRA, Actor’s Equity, ASCAP, etc.)
- Membership in actor’s union/guild
- 3+ roles/auditions in last 5 years
- Played in 5 shows in the last 5 years
- Released (or credited on) 5+ tracks in last 5 years
- Membership in union/or guild
- Published work w/in last 5 years (citation or link to publication)
- Recognition w/in literary world (review, prize, publication etc)
- Link to Etsy shop/blog coverage
- 3-5 Images of home studio + work
- Video of public performance
- Inclusion in public performance
- Position in dance company
- Membership in union/guild
If none of the above categories apply:
- Submit 3-5 original works (or excerpts) composed/created by you in the last 5 years.
- Open to artist living and working in Colorado only.
- This is a largely an honor based system, however we would still love to see your creative work!
- Failure to complete this form completely, and accurately will result in the a voiding of the application.
- Please give us an email you check, as this is where we will send important membership communication.
*The artist membership is valid for 1 year from date of issue. If you visit the museum more than 3 times, it will be automatically extended for another year. (up to 3 years)
** Current members are welcome to apply. If accepted, they will receive a $45 credit when it is time to renew. Note: artists membership is only valid for individual level memberships, however the discount can be applied to all levels of membership.
***All data submitted through this form is confidential and will not be shared. All artwork and creative submitted through this form will only be used for evaluation of the artist membership and will not be for any other purposes or shared.
****By submitting this form you acknowledge that the work submitted is yours, and was created by you.