I'm An Artist Membership
The Museum of Contemporary Art Denver is thrilled to offer complimentary artist memberships to professional artists, makers, and creatives. MCA Denver is a non-profit organization that not only provides art for the community, but also seeks to make Denver a great place for artists and creatives to live.
MCA Denver is excited to be the first museum in Colorado to secure funding (for three years) to underwrite memberships for working artists. In our first year, we provided 1,000 free memberships to Denver artists. In our second year, we provided 1,500 free memberships, and we are thrilled to announce we are reopening artists applications for an additional 1,000 members this year, for a total of 2,000 memberships. The purpose of this program is to make our museum and community open to artists and creatives while allowing them to put the money saved towards their creative pursuits.
As a reminder, if you or anyone you know is an artist, please share so they can be considered for the program. We are accepting artists on a first-come, first-served basis, so make sure to get your application in sooner rather than later. If you can comfortably afford a traditional membership, we ask that you not apply for this program, so that those with lesser means can still become part of the museum community.
To register, please complete the application by clicking that burnt red button. Registrations are approved on a weekly basis. I'm An Artist members will receive a complimentary 1 year membership to MCA Denver.
Three years of I’m an Artist memberships have been generously underwritten by John Caulkins.
Guidelines for eligibility:
- Open to artists living and working in Colorado only.
- This is largely an honor-based system, however, we would still love to see your creative work via the web link you provide in the application. See below for examples of qualifying criteria.
- Failure to complete this form completely and accurately will result in the voiding of the application.
- Please give us an email address you check, as this is where we will send important membership communication.
- Institutional recognition (museum, artist membership organization, AIA, Art Students League of Denver, etc.)
- Exhibited in an art show within the last 5 years
- Artist website with work made by you on it
- Participation in a residency
- Art school email address/current transcript/proof of degree or program in: fine art, art history, architecture, design, music, creative writing or similar program.
- Membership in artist union (SAG, AFTRA, Actor’s Equity, ASCAP, etc.)
- Membership in actor’s union/guild
- 3+ roles/auditions in last 5 years
- Played in 5 shows in the last 5 years
- Released (or credited on) 5+ tracks in last 5 years
- Membership in union/or guild
- Published work w/in last 5 years (link to publication)
- Recognition w/in literary world (review, prize, publication etc)
- Etsy shop/blog coverage
- Website with images of home studio + work
- Video of public performance
- Inclusion in public performance
- Position in dance company
- Membership in union/guild
If none of the above categories apply:
- Send us a link (via the application) to your personal website or Instagram feed or other means of showcasing your artistic work.
*The artist membership is valid for 1 year from date of issue.
** Current members are welcome to apply. If accepted, you will be renewed at the Artist level when your current membership is up.
***All data submitted through this form is confidential and will not be shared and will only be used for evaluation of the artist membership.
****By submitting this form you acknowledge that the work submitted is yours, and was created by you.