Café & Bar Associate
We are looking for a part-time customer service-minded individual to provide an excellent and efficient food and beverage service to visitors of the museum via our spectacular downtown rooftop café and bar as well as MCA at the Holiday Theater.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Priority 1: Food & Beverage
- Prepare and ensure an efficient and safe delivery of quality food and beverages to the visitors through proper handling techniques.
- Set up, clear and promptly service tables after use to ensure that visitors can be served in a timely manner.
- Keep the MCA Bar & Café clean and organized.
- Engage visitors in conversation on food, beverage, and contemporary art.
- Ensure that all visitor requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively and an exceptional service is delivered to visitors.
- Ensure product is fresh.
- Manage visitor complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring visitor satisfaction and report any visitor complaints and comments to the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Conduct point of sale procedures according to Museum procedures.
- Respect and uphold quality and workplace safety standards.
Priority 2: Collaboration
- Coordinate with other departments to achieve food and beverage program fulfillment.
Experience: Requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in bartending or barista services, customer service and cash handling. Experience working openly and effectively with the public and individuals with diverse backgrounds is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Basic computer skills including iPad, Google systems and POS system is necessary.
Requires excellent organizational skills, communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize work and tasks. Requires adaptability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task and changing environment, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Schedule Availability: Days, evenings, and weekends.
Licenses/Certifications: TIPS alcohol certification and Colorado Food Handling safety certification are required to be attained within 30 days of hire and will be provided by MCA Denver.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to speak, understand, and communicate in English effectively, in person for extended periods and in writing. Frequent, close vision.
Mobility necessary to access various offices and a wide variety of meeting and museum settings. Mobility necessary to perform a variety of tasks that involve standing stationary 50% of the time, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting, occasionally climbing stairs or a ladder, or using an elevator, possibly reaching chest high and overhead for materials.
Ability to reach for, move and/or lift up to 50 pounds and the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA Denver) is a nonprofit organization providing an innovative forum for contemporary art that inspires and challenges, creating understanding and dialog about the art of our time. MCA Denver is paving a new path for a 21st century museum that is Both/And: We are both advancing the field of contemporary art and providing a platform for creative expression, in the broadest sense of the term. We present both world-class exhibitions and quirky events, serious lectures and epic parties. We are both sophisticated and unpretentious. We welcome all audiences, celebrate all voices, and share all stories to provide one-of-a-kind experiences for our community.
Our Core Values
- Adventurous – We are risk-takers. We are creative, open, curious, and sometimes weird.
- Excellent – We strive to be the best in our field, we have high expectations, we believe in being resilient, creative problem-solvers, and professionals.
- Human-Centric – We are collaborative. We strive for emotional intelligence, and we value relationships.
- Inclusive – We are welcoming to all audiences, voices, and stories. We believe in being authentic and inclusive. We actively seek and engage with diverse perspectives.
MCA Denver was founded in 1996 by philanthropist Sue Cannon and a group of committed volunteers and artists who responded to the community’s need for a contemporary art museum in Denver. In 2007, we opened our new, 27,000-square foot, environmentally sustainable facility in the Riverfront neighborhood of Lodo Denver. Our building has five galleries on two floors as well as dedicated education spaces, a gift shop, an innovative art lending library, and a rooftop bar and café. Visit us at https://mcadenver.org to learn more.
- This is a non-exempt, tipped, hourly position starting at $14.29/hr + tips.
- Please submit your application below.