Café & Bar Associate
ABOUT THE CAFE AND BAR ASSOCIATE
MCA Denver operates MCA Café & Bar, a curated culinary space on the rooftop offering a full bar, light food menu, coffee, rentals, and café specific programming. MCA Café & Bar is staffed by a team dedicated to providing an excellent visitor experience while performing the daily and event operations of MCA Café & Bar through the preparation and service of food, coffee, beverages and alcoholic drinks. Café & Bar Associates are people who work part-time, flexible schedules and enjoy making friends while engaging in contemporary art, food, beverage, and culture.
Utilizing excellent customer service skills to support the operations of MCA and the MCA Café & Bar by preparing and serving food, coffee, beverages and alcoholic drinks at MCA Café & Bar.
This position reports to the Café & Bar Manager.
- Making and serving quality food, beverages and cocktails to the visitors of the MCA Denver
- Performing specified tasks and upholding procedures and policies
- Keeping the MCA Café & Bar clean and organized, making sure product is fresh and upholding high quality standards
- Excellent cash handling and POS proficiency
- Engaging visitors in conversation on food, beverage and contemporary art
- Two years minimum experience in the following areas: bartender, server, or in comparable service industry. In addition, Barista, catering, and/or food prep experience preferred; cash handling experience required
- Previous customer service experience alongside the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with disabilities is mandatory
- Basic knowledge of Google systems, iPad Apps and POS systems
- Excellent hospitality, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and solution focused
- Ability to handle both slow and high volume periods
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to keep focused, take direction, to follow instructions and keep work areas clean and organized
- To have a strong interest in high- quality food and cocktail culture, as well as, interest in contemporary art and culture; contemporary art and artists
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs from the ground to above the shoulders, stand for extended periods of time, climb multiple flights of stairs and ladders, and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity
- Must have availability on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
Part-Time 15-20 hours a week, including special event work and mandatory museum events. Hourly plus tips.
To apply send resume, cover letter and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please.
The Museum of Contemporary Art Denver is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.