What is MCA Denver doing to keep visitors and staff safe?
Your safety and well-being, as well as that of our staff, is our highest priority. That’s why we have taken the following steps to ensure that our building is as safe and clean as possible:
- We will be cleaning and disinfecting all frequently touched surfaces in all public spaces, such as handrails, elevators, and doorknobs hourly.
- Our front desk staff will be seated behind plexiglass to protect them and visitors. We will only be accepting credit card payments.
- Staff will be using sanitizing wipes and cleansers to clean the front desk and all cafe surfaces after each customer.
- We will have signage throughout the museum to gently remind visitors of social distancing, mask-wearing, hand washing, and so on.
- We will be replacing air filters more regularly.
- We will be moving to a timed ticketing system with greatly reduced capacity to ensure adherence to social distancing guidelines.
When you are ready, we will be here to welcome you back warmly.
I can’t wait to visit. How do I do it?
That’s great! We can’t wait to welcome you back.
Starting July 1, 2020, we’ll be requiring all visitors to reserve a timed ticket in advance of visiting to allow us to control the number of people in the building at any given time.
You’ll receive an email confirmation once you reserve your tickets. This email is what you will show the front desk when you arrive. You may also print out your ticket instead. Please be on time. We’ll do our best to accommodate late arrivals but a new reservation may be required if you are more than ten minutes late.
What do I need to know before I visit?
- Be sure you’ve reserved your timed ticket in advance.
- Watch “What to Expect on Your Visit Video" for more information.
- City and County of Denver requirements for wearing masks will be enforced.
- Visitors will not be allowed entry without adequate face covering. Children over the age of 3 should wear a mask.
- If you are feeling ill or running a fever of 100.4 or higher, we kindly ask that you please stay home.
- Visitors must practice social distancing while inside the building and on our roof, staying at least 6 feet away from anyone they didn’t arrive with at all times.
- Use our main entrance as always when you arrive, but visitors will now exit via a separate door. All of this will be marked with signage throughout the building.
- Please note the MCA Cafe and Bar closes at 5PM daily.
- We are accepting credit/debit card transactions only (no cash).
How will visitors know if they’re socially distanced enough or not?
We are taking the following extra steps to ensure that all staff and visitors are aware of how to be safely distanced from others at all times:
- We will be requiring timed tickets to be reserved in advance.
- We will have signage throughout the museum to help visitors maintain 6 feet of distance between themselves and other guests and to indicate the maximum safe capacity in each individual gallery.
- Floors will be marked to ensure easy, safe flow of visitation in the building and to help people waiting to enter the building know how much space to leave between themselves and fellow visitors.
- There will be one door to enter and one door to exit to mitigate congestion at the main entrance.
- There will be a strict limit on the number of people in the elevator at any given time.
What if I’m a member?
First of all, thank you for your membership! We appreciate you. All of the guidelines outlined on this page are the same for you. But when you buy your timed tickets, be sure to sign in with your member information to get your free member access. Your member discount will be reflected at the end of the process.
Wednesdays from NOON-1PM are specifically for members only though members may visit at any time. If you'd like reservations to the Members-Only hour click here.
If you’re not a member but would like to get in on these awesome perks, click here.
Do I have to wear a mask?
Can I still check out color blindness correcting glasses?
Our EnChroma glasses for color blind visitors will still be available for check out. They will be thoroughly disinfected before and after each use. We hope you will still take advantage of this unique offering to enhance your experience.
Will the cafe and shop be open?
Both our cafe and shop will be open but will have limits on how many people can be inside at one time. There will be clearly marked signs in each location that explain our guidelines. The cafe will close at 5PM daily.
To read more about visiting the rooftop MCA Cafe and Bar, click here.
Do I need a reservation for the cafe?
You will not need a reservation but please note that the MCA Cafe and Bar will be serving fewer customers than normal. There might be a wait in order to be served. To read more about visiting the rooftop the MCA Cafe and Bar, click here.
Will there be tours?
We are suspending our public group tours until it is safer to reconvene them.