MCA Denver is looking for a talented and highly organized Executive Assistant to support the Executive Director in all aspects of her duties, provide administrative support to specific functions of the Development & membership department, and serve as a liaison to the museum’s the Board of Trustees.
The position is full-time with benefits and is expected to be on-site a minimum of two days a week. We are headquartered, and this position is based, in the downtown Denver area.
- You are passionate about helping small organizations thrive by providing both strategic and administrative support.
- You enjoy working independently but also thrive being part of a dynamic team.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and work effectively with trustees, donors, staff, and vendors alike.
- You can maintain confidential and proprietary information with discretion and sound judgement.
- You have the desire to work with a creative, diverse, and collaborative team, mostly during regular museum operating hours and, infrequently some nights and weekends to support our epic programs and events.
A Day in the Life
- Schedule management: in consultation with the Executive Director, manage her calendar, including scheduling and coordinating meeting logistics, arranging appointments and travel times. Review calendars to anticipate possible conflicts.
- Communications: Manage correspondence and selective communications on behalf of the Executive Director; review, prioritize, and analyze inquiries and requests for the Executive Director and determine appropriate course of action; greet and welcome visitors on behalf of the Executive Director; respond to routine requests.
- Project Management: With direction from the Executive Director, manage special projects including small events, fundraising activities, research, and other strategic priorities.
- Patron Relations: Support the Executive Director’s donor relations efforts by managing correspondence and updating prospect and stewardship plans within the CRM database; coordinate donor-related events led by the Executive Director, the Senior Curator, and/or the Director of Development & Membership.
- Administration: Book travel arrangements for the Executive Director and donor travel trips; serve as a liaison between the Executive Director and the Director of Development & Membership in fundraising activities and events; prepare presentations, graphs and reports related to fundraising and special projects.
Board of Trustees
- Responsible for all administrative, planning, and logistical aspects of the Board of Trustees’ meetings and events.
- Maintain and update trustee contact list, terms, bios, and committee assignments.
- Coordinate with ED and Board Chair to schedule dates for recurring meetings and manage changes as necessary.
- Solicit, create, compile, and distribute material and correspondences for board related activities. Review those materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that an electronic record of all materials is maintained and saved including meeting minutes and required compliance matters.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files containing proprietary and confidential information.
- Schedule recurring meetings of the senior leadership team. Attend, take, and distribute meeting minutes as appropriate.
- Act as a back-up for office management duties as needed.
- Work closely with museum staff, trustees, outside vendors and consultants.
What You Bring to Us
- College degree preferred or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Requires minimum of 3 years’ experience as an executive assistant.
- Experience with customer service and nonprofit organizations is strongly preferred.
- Experience applying an equitable analysis to all duties to achieve organizational goals and demonstrate MCA Denver’s commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to speak, understand, and communicate in English effectively, in person and in writing. Ability to hear adequately in person and by phone, in personal and group settings.
- You need to be able to sit or stand for up to 6 hours per day. Ability to reach for, move and/or lift up to 25 pounds and use your hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, mobility to access a wide variety of meeting and museum settings, and to perform a variety of tasks that involve standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, and twisting, climbing stairs or using an elevator, possibly reaching chest high and overhead for materials, with reasonable accommodation.
The Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA Denver) is a nonprofit organization providing an innovative forum for contemporary art that inspires and challenges, creating understanding and dialog about the art of our time. MCA Denver is paving a new path for a 21st century museum that is Both/And: We are both advancing the field of contemporary art and providing a platform for creative expression, in the broadest sense of the term. We present both world-class exhibitions and quirky events, serious lectures and epic parties. We are both sophisticated and unpretentious. We welcome all audiences, celebrate all voices, and share all stories to provide one-of-a-kind experiences for our community.
Our Core Values
Adventurous – We are risk-takers. We are creative, open, curious, and sometimes weird.
Excellent – We strive to be the best in our field, we have high expectations, we believe in being resilient, creative problem-solvers, and professionals.
Human Centric – We are collaborative. We strive for emotional intelligence, and we value relationships.
Inclusive – We are welcoming to all audiences, voices, and stories. We believe in being authentic and inclusive. We actively seek and engage with diverse perspectives.
MCA Denver is committed in policy, principle, and practice to maintaining an environment that prohibits discriminatory behavior and provides equal opportunity for all persons. MCA Denver affirms its commitment to provide a welcoming and respectful work and educational environment, in which all individuals within the museum community may benefit from each other’s experiences and foster mutual respect and appreciation of divergent views. All employment decisions at MCA Denver are based on business needs, job requirements and individual applicant qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), family or parental status, or any other status protected by law. MCA Denver will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
MCA Denver was founded in 1996 by philanthropist Sue Cannon and a group of committed volunteers and artists who responded to the community’s need for a contemporary art museum in Denver. In 2007, we opened our new, 27,000-square foot, environmentally sustainable facility in the Riverfront neighborhood of lodo Denver. Our building has five galleries on two floors as well as dedicated education spaces, a gift shop, an innovative art lending library, and a rooftop bar and café. In 2021, MCA Denver will be opening a satellite location at the Holiday Theater in Denver’s Northside. This 380-seat auditorium is the site of some of the museum’s programming and events beginning the Spring of 2022.
Visit us at https://mcadenver.org to learn more.
- This is an exempt, salary position. The salary range is $53,000 to $57,000 commensurate with experience and includes our standard benefits package, including a medical plan, dental plan, basic term life insurance, short term disability, 403b retirement, holiday pay and generous paid time off.
- Please submit your interest via our applicant portal: https://mca-denver.typeform.com/to/UbO0uHch
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but priority consideration will be given to those received by February 28, 2023.