Always Wanted to Create a Digital Program?
MCA Denver prides itself on being Denver’s creative center of gravity, sparking connections and curiosity through contemporary art and culture. We value being adventurous, excellent, human-centric, and inclusive.
But what does this mean to you, as a member of the MCA community?
MCA Denver seeks proposals for virtual public programs relating to our core values and responding to the current political and social climate. Topics can be anything you feel needs to be shared with MCA’s audience.
We’re looking for Colorado-based creatives, artists, activists, scholars, researchers, or anyone with an interest in public arts programming and an idea to share. These proposed 1-hour to 1.5-hour-long programs can look like panels, talks, lectures, or workshops. We’re not looking for exhibition proposals, advertisements, or craft projects. We’re interested in programs that engage new audiences, feature new collaborators, and touch on new subjects.
What subjects relating to art, creativity, or the current cultural moment are important to you that you feel should be addressed through the museum’s platforms?
We’ll be selecting three program proposals to bring to life between September 3 and September 17. The programs will all be taking place online.
What We Can Offer
- $600 total budget, inclusive of honorariums and supplies to be delivered in two installments, one at the beginning of the project and one at its completion
- Digitally producing your program through our YouTube page, Zoom account, social media channels, and/or website
- Advertising your program on our social media channels, newsletter, and/or website
- MCA staff support including two planning check-ins, a rehearsal before the program, and technical program production support
The Nitty Gritty Details
- There is no age requirement for applying. Teens and young adults are encouraged to apply.
- Projects will be selected by an eight-member selection committee comprising MCA staff members, local artists, and community members.
- Projects will be selected based on topics raised by the program, proposed collaborators, and the level of engagement with and connections to audiences not typically represented at the MCA.
- Programs need not be live (may be pre-recorded), but they will be released at a specific date and time.
- Programs will take place Thursdays during the first three weeks of September.
- The time of day the programs will be released during is dependent on the specific program.
- The total runtime of the programs should be between an hour and an hour and a half.
- Programs will be recorded and saved on MCA Denver’s YouTube page and/or website.
- MCA Denver will not support projects that promote racism, sexism, homophobia, or intolerance of any kind. Projects with nudity, profanity, or violence will not be considered.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant about the status of their application.
- If you have questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we need from you (to be filled in on the form below)
- Date of birth
- Brief bio
- Phone number
- Website (optional)
- Why are you interested in working with MCA Denver?
- Description of your program idea
- Budget for the program
- Intended audience for the program
- What format or platform makes the most sense for bringing this to life?
- What MCA staff support will you need?
- During what time of day would you like this program to happen?
- During which of the following dates are you available?
- September 3, 2020
- September 10, 2020
- September 17, 2020
- Any optional supplemental images, videos, or CV you would like to provide
- August 2, 2020 at 11:59pm- proposal deadline
- By August 10- final selections made, selected applicants contacted
- The three selected programs will take place on September 3, September 10, and September 17